This year the boys are a bit older and we are moving onto bigger books, that's not to say we won't be reading Thomas, Topsy and Tim, Elmer, Puddle Lane and all our other favourites (Noah is still only 3 after all) but it does mean we can crack on with some of out Chapter (or books with lots of various stories in) books.
My aim is to read at least 26 of these with the boys, initially I was going for 52 but that's pushing it a bit as quite a few would take longer then a week to read.
I've made a start with the list from those that are already on our shelves but it's not complete yet as I want to leave room for ones they might choose themselves or ones we may encounter on our journey this year.
The list so far stands at:
2) Roald Dahl - James and the Giant Peach
3) Roald Dahl - Esio Trot
4) Roald Dahl - The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me
5) Roald Dahl - The Twits
6) Roald Dahl - Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (we only read a couple of chapters of this last year)
7) Roald Dahl - Fantastic Mr Fox
8) Christine and Christopher Russell - Through the Dragon's Eye (and we'll watch the Look and Read Series at the same time)
9) Joan G. Robinson - About Teddy Robinson
10) Ursula Moray Williams - Gobbolino the Witch's Cat (we also have the other 2 in the set so if the kids enjoy it will follow it through with the others)
11) Francesca Simon - Horrid Henry's Birthday Party
12) AA Milne - Winnie The Pooh
13) Sara and Stephen Corrin - Stories for 6 year olds
Enid Blyton - The Wishing Chair Collection :
15) The Adventures of the Wishing Chair
16) The Wishing Chair Again
17) More Wishing Chair Tales
18) Jeff Brown - Flat Stanley and the Magic Lamp
We also need to finish (19) Flat Stanley's Christmas Adventure
Would love you to join in and share your favourite chapter books.
Enid Blyton - The Famous Five - Five on a Treasure Island
Jeremy Strong - My Mum's Going to Explode
The Minions Movie - novel