Monday 6 January 2014

Easy Cheesy Muffins

Although I have loads of chocolate in the house that really needs eating up I just could not bring myself to make chocolate muffins (but guess what i now REALLY want sat here writing this post?!).  Instead we turned our attention to Cheese Muffins.


To make these you will need:

2 cups (250g) self raising flour
2 cups (250g) grated cheese
2 eggs
2 cups (500ml) water
other optional ingredients such as onion or bacon 


Method:

Sieve the flour into a bowl with the cheese  (and optional ingredients if using) and mix together.

Break 1 egg into a cup then fill the cup with water, whisk together then pour over cheese and flour.
Do the same again with the other egg.

Stir together until well mixed then spoon into muffin cases (we used a silicone mould)

Cook in a preheated oven at 200°C. Check after 10 minutes. When well risen and golden brown they are cooked.



They tasted ok, tho I think the boys liked them more than me.  Will be trying a recipe with milk in next time I think as they lacked ..... something.  Very handy to put in the school lunchbox tho.
   If you have a tried and tested recipe please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment