Back in February I posted my super quick, fool proof Microwave Chocolate Brownie recipe....today I'm going to introduce you to a variation born from necessity.
I'm not normally one to play around with recipes as I don't trust the outcomes... but needs must. So with no cocoa powder in the cupboards (HOW expensive is that stuff at the moment!!) here's the amazing yummy chocolaty fix I came up with.
What you will need:
100g value milk chocolate
small bag (75g?) plain chocolate chips
dash of hot chocolate powder
100g plain flour
A microwave tray - we used a silicone one as the flexibility also made it easy to remove the cooked brownies.
How to make them:
1. Melt the butter and chocolate (broken up) in the microwave on high for about 30 to 40 seconds.
2. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. Add the eggs, slightly whipping after each one.
4. Add the flour, hot chocolate powder and chocolate drops mix well.
5. Grease a microwave safe dish and spoon in the brownie mixture.
Cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes (the more powerful your microwave the less time it takes).
Let rest for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting.
When you take the brownies out of the microwave the centre will look undone, but it keeps cooking when resting.
The chocolate chips sink to the bottom, so when turned upside down it creates a moist sweet chocolaty top.
Serve with custard.