I had a huge sugar low today and came home craving chocolate brownies, but I was too lazy to get
Now given the mess I make everytime I try to make flapjack in the oven I was scared..... but I needn't have been, it was soo easy.
• 4oz (100g) butter
• 1oz (25g) caster sugar
• 4 tablespoons golden syrup
• 7oz (200g) oats
• 5oz (150g) chocolate (or anything you want in the flapjacks, such as raisins, sultanas, cherries, fruit)
• You can make this in one bowl then you have minimal washing up.... bonus
• Melt the butter and sugar together in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
• Stir in the golden syrup
• Stir in the oats.
• Microwave the whole mix on high for about 3 minutes. During this time the whole lot will grow in volume in the microwave.
• If you have any other ingredients you want to add to the flapjacks, then stir these into the mixture now. .... warning chocolate chips do not work as they melt!
• Lightly grease a baking dish.... alternatively use a silicon dish or muffin tray as it makes it so much easier to remove the cooled Flapjacks.
• Spoon the flapjack mixture into the baking dish making it as thick as you want (or depending how big your dish is). Flatten the mixture down so it's neat.
• Leave the flapjack to one side to set, once it's cooled you can put it in the refrigerator. Once set, cut (if required).
I used a mini-muffin silicon tray to make mine in making them perfect bite size treats.