Friday, 11 March 2016

Review: Weetabix Protein

Breakfast is always a very boring affair in our house.  I tend to rush off to work on a weekday, with porridge for breakfast once I get in (the benefit to an office job) whilst the kids have whatever cereal happened to be on offer that week (at the moment they are quite happy eating Value branded Cornflakes, so you can see why I'm not a fan of spending a lot of money on breakfast cereal.  When we were told Weetabix had launched new Weetabix Protein and asked to try it out we said yes please.




I used to love Weetabix, but the last time I had it I was pregnant and it doesn't mix well with morning sickness (sorry, TMI?) and something niggly in the back of my head meant I subconsciously haven't bought it since.  I was pleased with this opportunity as it's rekindled my taste for it.

The boys love to try new foods so when they saw the pretty shiny box Ben (7) asked if he could have some, unfortunately it was 3.30pm after school and I already had tea planned, the meanie mummy I am made him wait until the morning.



The boys munched away on not 1, not 2 but 3 Weetabix each served up with sugar and loads of milk.  The first thing I noticed was how these new Weetabix don't soak the milk up as fast as the original ones do, it's a much slower process and we had to break them into a few bits to get the best absorption.  I don't know about you but for me there is nothing worse then crunchy dry Weetabix.

The taste was every bit as good as the original.

The following day we went to the shops and came home with some raspberries so we ate them with the Weetabix - yummy!  A really easy way to start your 5-a-day.

New Weetabix Protein is targeted at the growing market of health-conscious and active consumers who are looking for a tasty and nutritious high protein breakfast. Packed with 62% carbohydrate, which provides energy to the body, Weetabix Protein helps keep the whole family going all morning.
  This new cereal is not only high in wheat protein but contains all the goodness of traditional Weetabix cereal; High in fibre, low in sugar, salt and fat and fortified with Iron and vitamins.  A serving (approx 2 Weetabix Protein) with milk contains 12g of protein compared to 6g from a large egg.



I would definitely be tempted to buy Weetabix more often.  Weetabix Protein has an RRP of £2.99 for 24 which is only about 60p more then normal Weetabix so it's not much more for the added benefits it brings.


Disclaimer:  We were sent a box of Weetabix Protein free of charge to try and review.  The review is our honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment