Thursday 26 June 2014

The 30 day shred



Loose up to 20 pounds in 30 days







Unless you are my husband you will have heard of the 30 day shred. Jillian Michaels £5 DVD that everyone is raving about.  I know people who have lost a LOT through doing The Shred.  2 people at work are currently undergoing the torture in return for beach ready bodies. So I took the plunge last night and tried it for myself.



I'm not the fittest of people and I expected complete torture, however I was pleasantly surprised at how flexible and fit my year of pole fitness had made me.

The DVD is laid out into 3 circuits so you a) don't get bored and b) exercise every bit of your body.  Her structure is a simple 3-2-1, 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work. However the moves are not the same, yes you may be doing sit ups or leg crunches but the way you are doing them alters.

I was pleasantly surprised that I made it over half way through the workout before wanting to flop on the floor.... but I battled through and carried on.

Once you have mastered stage 1 there is stage 2 and stage 3 (lets just say I sat and watched 2 minutes of stage 3 this morning and I was exhausted!)

Having listened to the tales of pain and inability to walk in the mornings from numerous people I was impressed this morning that apart from a bit of burn across the shoulders and neck I wasn't too bad..... whether this means I am fitter then I thought or whether it means I didn't push myself enough only time will tell.

I probably won't do this every day, and I actually read somewhere it wasn't designed to be done everyday.... YES you will get results in 30 days but Jillian didn't mean 30 continuous days.  That is why you hurt so much by day 5 because you've not given your muscles time to recover.

I will keep you posted with the result.... start weight (26/6): 9st 10lb

Now I just need to buy some dumbbells as we've just eaten one of the tins of spaghetti I used yesterday for our tea.

Have you taken, or are you trying The Shred Challenge??



Disclaimer:  I have not been paid or sponsored to wright this post, I'm simply sharing it with you, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment