Monday 6 July 2015

Tesco Orchard Review: Steak (2) - Homemade Steak Pie

We love a good steak pie in this house but it's rare we have it.  Shop bought ones are a big no as they always contain onion which no one in this house will touch so the only time we have it is when mummy has time to cook.

This was the perfect opportunity to make one.





The pack of slow cook Irish diced beef went into the slow cooker on low for around 8 hours with a
pack of Colman's beef casserole mix.


I always find puff pastry cooked on top of a pie sinks no matter whether it has a bird in it or not, soggy bottoms are a big let down.  so I took a pre-rolled (did I say I'm a lazy cook?) Tesco puff pastry sheet and popped it in the oven until it was done.

This was the best, most succulent beef I've ever cooked with no fatty gristle, it fell apart when the fork touched it.

I served it up with mash potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and carrots.  A perfect summer tea.

Disclaimer:  I was given money off vouchers enabling me to get the above product for less as part of the Orchard at Tesco Programme.  The thoughts and opinions remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment