This week my boys will mostly not be eating Pears. Don't ask me why, for some reason after eating them frequently they have decided they do not like them .....
So my fruit bowl had week old+ pears gradually getting softer and softer ... instead of throwing them away they have become healthy (?) snacks for next week by way of Pear and Cinnamon muffins!!
Below is the recipie I used but they are a bit tasteless, if I were to make them again I think I'd buy some pear juice and add to the mixture to try and fruity it up a bit.
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus extra to dust
1/2 cup (110g) sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (250ml) milk
2/3 cup (160ml) light olive oil
2 pears, peeled, cored, diced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 180 degrees Celsius fan.
- If not using silicone trays/ cake cases - lightly grease muffin pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Fold through combined egg, milk and oil until just combined. Gently fold through two–thirds of pear.
- Spoon into prepared pans and top each muffin
- with remaining pear. Dust with extra cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: you can use any other fruit you like, such as kiwi fruit or apple.