Friday 13 March 2015

lush: Ultraviolet

With it being Mothers Day tomorrow I felt it only appropriate to put a review of one of their limited edition bubble bars, Ultraviolet, as today's #ThankLushItsFriday post.


I was introduced to this rainbow shaped bubble bar at the recent Gorilla Perfume launch (which you can read about here) as a perfect accompaniment to Kerbside Violets.   I didn't really like the perfume and I'll be honest, was not convinced I was going to like the bubble bar.  However I was pleasantly surprised.  The Ultraviolet bubble bar smells far more like Parma Violets (you remember those fab childhood sweets) then flowers.




You only need a small amount of the bubble bar to crumble under the taps into gorgeous soft sparkly (yes it's another with glitter in) bubbles and purple water.  The exact colour of the water can vary tho depending on how much of which colour you have added..  We've had 2 baths out of it so far and still have over half left.  It's really solid and not easy to crumble by hand, I've now cut it into bath sized pieces.  Which was probably a good idea as not only do the kids love it ...... but apparently my husband does too (I think I'm going to have to buy a padlock for my box) so I can control the rations :)

  


The main ingredient in Ultraviolet is the Violet Leaf Absolute (used to help improve skin condition), it is mixed with Jasmine Absolute (to treat sensitive skin), Rosewood Oil (with its uplifting properties)  and Ylang Ylang Oil (to wash away stress and depression).  It is a great way to wind down after a hard day at work.... or a rainy weekend cooped in with the kids.


Dive into a deep purple pool with bubbles scented 
with violet leaf and jasmine absolutes. 
Make it through the rain and find the silver lining 
to every bubbly cloud. Just what UV been waiting for.




Ultraviolet are £4.75 each.




Disclaimer:  I was invited to the Bloggers Launch event at Lush Meadowhall where I received this bubble bar free of charge.  Thoughts and opinions all remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment