Wednesday 4 September 2013

A blog a day in september - 4th September 2013 - Favourite Film

Day 4 - September 4th........ Favourite Film

Recommend your favourite film or films to others............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favourite film.......what a tough one. There are so many amazing films that have touched my life, made me laugh and made me cry......ones that will always hold memories (such as that kiss in the back row during titanic).

From my childhood "The Lion King" holds strongest memories. When I was 12 my dad took me and my sister to see it when it came out, this was a realllly rare occurrence as he never took us anywhere on his own.





 With my own kids it'll be (so far) Thomas The Tank Engine: Day of the Diesels.  I took Ben as a treat ( Noah had been born only 5 months earlier) and he loved it, it was his first cinema experience and at 3 years old he was just the right age.   I have tried a couple of times to take Noah since he turned 2 (one was a free showing of 'Epic' and one the £1 showing of ..... something so brilliant I can't even remember lol).  He's still far to young but while cinemas continue to do such good value offers (or free tickets) it's an ideal opportunity to get them used to going.   We certainly won't be going to anything full price for a few years yet.



I have always loved Bambi (so much so as an adult I own the film and the pyjamas) and yes I still cry every time.  I could never explain why it was my favourite it just is, I love flower and her "he can call me a flower if he wantttsss tooooo" speech.  Only years later did I learn this was the only other occasion my dad took me to the cinema.  Looking at the dates it must have only been in 1988 (when I was 6).



My children don't seem to be big film lovers ...... no let me re-phrase that....... they are not Disney/ Pixar animated film lovers.  Sit them down with Superman, Batman (the 1966 one is their favourite), spiderman, Hulk or any superhero ones and it is instant silence.  Recently they have added Pixar's The Incredibles to their favourites so I might be persuading them slowly..........



Another film I love is Bridget Jones' Diary, such a 'real ife' girl with 'real life problems' rather then a soppy fairytale.



I guess tho my all-time favourites (and yes I know this is probably cheating) have to be the Harry Potter Series. We have them all on Blu-Ray and quite frequently have Harry Potter Weeks where we watch one a night.
Since Lego have released a range of Harry Potter video games Ben has decided he loves it too and I can't wait until he is old enough in a couple of years to enjoy the films with us.  I'm gutted tho as I lent out my books and am pretty sure I will never get them back (it was a few years ago now) so will have to re-buy them to share with the boys.


ohhhhh just discovered the Lego Harry Potter 'movies' ....... might let them watch those :)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sneaky peak at day 5 - September 5th........ Teachers Day: Who was your favourite Teacher

Teachers day falls on different days in different countires.  As we are thinking about schools this month I decided today - India's day of celebration would be a good one to pick.

From Wikipedia:
September 5The birthdate, [5 September 1888], of the second President of India, academic philosopher Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. It is considered a "celebration" day, where teachers and students report to school as usual but the usual activities and classes are replaced by activities of celebration, thanks and remembrance. At some schools on this day, the responsibility of teaching is taken up by the senior students to show appreciation for their teachers.
Another day set aside for commemorating teachers in India and Nepal is Guru Purnima, also called 'Ashad sukla purnima'. It typically falls in mid-July.

So cast your mind back........... who was your favourite teacher and why??  Perhaps you can't cast your mind back that far but can remember a teacher who gratly influenced your childs life..........

2 comments:

  1. So, so hard to pin down just one film isn't it?! Totally depends on my mood

    As my post explains!

    http://craftingandmummy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/a-blog-everyday-in-september-day-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, the Lion King is one of my favourites too. Found you via the Weekend Blog Hop, good luck with your Post Everyday in September :)

    ReplyDelete