Monday 9 September 2013

A blog a day in september - 9th September 2013 - Special songs

Day 9 - September 9th........ A song that reminds you of a special time

Songs can hold so many memories for very different reasons, can you recall some of your favourite songs and the memories they hold?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I link memories to songs, so many songs just take me back to that moment.

Bryan Adams - "Summer of 69", Robbie Williams - "Millennium", Jon Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer" , Tina Turner - "Rolling on the River"........ all take me back to being a teenager and hanging out at my mates dad's band rehearsals.  Me and Suzanne would sit every weekend on the table in front of the kitchen in the hall while they belted out some amazing tunes.


Gary Jules' - "Mad World" and The Darkness' - "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)" remind me of my 2nd year of university.  My housemate LOVED Mad World and played it at full blast.  I hated it....... but then it grew on me and now I love it.

Avril Lavigne - "Sk8er Boi" reminds me of my time spent working in Boots in Windermere while at Uni. We were allowed a stereo on in the warehouse and myself and a colleague 'Vicky' would sneak off whenever the song was on a rock around the warehouse.

Justin Timberlake - "Señorita" - reminds me of the night I met my husband in The Sportsman in Barrow.
Faith Hill's - "Breathe"  is the song I walked down the aisle too while Bryan Adams - "Heaven" - I believe I have mentioned before, is my Wedding 1st dance Song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sneaky peak at day 10 - September 10th........ Swap Ideas Day

So September 10th is Swap Ideas Day.  

So as you can probably guess................ share a good (or bad) idea or 2!!!


1 comment: