I treated myself to the Yankee Candle Advent Calender while it was a bargain at £16 in Clinton Cards (used a 25% off voucher) and again there'll be a post about that coming up too.
So this week on Organised Christmas is Garage/ Storage week. As I don't have a garage I'll be tackling the cellar and digging out the Christmas things ....... then trying to work out where to re-store it in time for the big day - queue boxes everywhere lol.
Storing something is not the same as hiding it. It should be well managed and only hold things that are either seasonal/ occasional such as Christmas, camping and baby stuff or suitcases & home supplies such as soaps, kitchen supplies and light bulbs.
- Remove everything from storage area - that's a lot easier said then done as I can hardly get in the cellar at the moment let alone take things OUT of it. I think I'll just be re-organising a box at a time.
- Sort everything into related piles, boxes, or bags - this is pretty much done anyway as I only sorted it a few months ago - just a few things to go through.
- Streamline these piles until only keepers are left. (Other items go to the place they belong, i.e. rubbish, charity shop, sale)
To-Do list update.
1) complete Christmas card list
2) sort out the living room -
must shift/ sort out the Lego .... I started ... well ok I did 2 small models Lego is now upstairs and the room is getting there. I must remove all the paper bits that get dumped around and prepare to switch the books over to winter themed.
3) make up the Christmas cards .... do I need any more?
4) decide on/ start the kids Christmas cards
6) start meal planning and plan Christmas Day meal - start a list of food to buy and when to buy it.
7) sort out the Christmas crockery/ table covers etc
9) tidy/ sort my room - started
15) Start planning the Christmas gifts for boys. - started.
18) Kids room tidy (from week 6)
Shelves/ cupboards - examine, toss/save/donate, replace onto shelves.
Games/ Puzzles - sort them out and bin any with missing pieces.
Get rid of old magazines, old McDonald toys, toys in pieces, broken crayons, non-functional pens.
Clothing - too small, old?
Clean the windows, dust any wooden furniture.
Clean and tidy the wall units, then the bottom cabinets then the counters.
Check any open boxes of food/ storage for bugs
Wipe down empty shelves
Check medicines for expiry dates
Clean all appliances inside and out (refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, hob, oven)
Sink - don't forget to send cleaner down the u-bend.
We are pretty prepared for Christmas present wise now... just a few bits to get....
Christmas shopping list
1) Kids - Tablet...
each/ between them? On the lookout for a good deal if anyone sees one. I think we've settled on the Lexibook between them for now.
2) Kids - Santa bath bombs (x3) from Lush - Christmas Eve Hamper and 1 each for stockings.
3) 2 x Olaf T-shirts (I've given up on Primark getting them in a suitable size so now looking elsewhere)
4) some more jelly sweets
5) hubby's presents ... whatever they end up being
6) A waffle maker (on Grandad's behalf for the kids)
7) Lush - build your own snowman, for my niece. (soo cool)
8) wrapping paper
9) Medicine stash
10) First Aid stash
11) New Christmas Towels
Have you sorted Santa Letters yet? Check out my post about Official Laplland and enter the competition here.