As for the things that are on the bed, well I'm hoping the magic faries will find them a home if I leave them long enough .......... what do you mean they won't ........ bugger.
Whilst sorting through the Christmas stuff I made one bag pressies and one bag Christmas Eve hamper/ things I may need before Christmas (such as festive jumpers and t-shirts). I also listed them all on an excel spreadsheet with cost and savings.
My best buys so far:
Colour change clock - Argos - WAS: £9.99 PAID: £0.00 (as Noah is obsessed with ours and
reading numbers) - Had a £10 gift card reward from a survey site which covered this.
Lego Batman 3 for PS3 - Tesco - WAS: £38.99 PAID: £-1.00 - used a combination of £10 off pre-order game code and clubcard boost (on vouchers I forgot I had). Meant I had £3 to pay. However their price promise refunded me £4.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3) - Tesco - WAS: £42 PAID: £27. Tesco have a code at the moment for £15 off a £60 grocery shop for new customers. However it works for existing ones
too. So I added some shopping I needed to make the money up.
Photo Books (x4) - Albelli - WAS: £337 (£84.25x4) PAID: £76 (£19x4). I've mentioned these before (and I WILL get round to blogging about soon). Thanks to a fantastic Amazon offer (which is back on and you can still order in time for Christmas).
Anyways (as Noah now always says at the beginning a sentence)..... onto this week. And we are tackling the Attic Storage. Now as Ben and Noah sleep in here it's not a big storage space. The side cupboard is but I only sorted that out last week.
As for new Christmas planning for this week....
- make place cards. I'll be asking the boys to help with these as a Christmas activity in December.
- buy foil trays. Must remember this, I meant to put them on the Tesco shop.
To-Do list update.
1) complete Christmas card list - yes I know, so easy but I've still not done it.
2) sort out the living room -
must shift/ sort out the Lego .... I started ... well ok I did 2 small models Lego is now upstairs and the room is getting there. I must remove all the paper bits that get dumped around and prepare to switch the books over to winter themed.
3) make up the Christmas cards .... do I need any more?
4) decide on/ start the kids Christmas cards - started :)
6) start meal planning and plan Christmas Day meal - start a list of food to buy and when to buy it.
7) sort out the Christmas crockery/ table covers etc
15) Start planning the Christmas gifts for boys. - started.
18) Kids room tidy (from week 6)
Shelves/ cupboards - examine, toss/save/donate, replace onto shelves.
Games/ Puzzles - sort them out and bin any with missing pieces.
Get rid of old magazines, old McDonald toys, toys in pieces, broken crayons, non-functional pens.
Clothing - too small, old?
Clean the windows, dust any wooden furniture.
Clean and tidy the wall units, then the bottom cabinets then the counters.
Check any open boxes of food/ storage for bugs
Wipe down empty shelves
Check medicines for expiry dates
Clean all appliances inside and out (refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, hob, oven)
Sink - don't forget to send cleaner down the u-bend.
20) make place cards
We are pretty prepared for Christmas present wise now... just a few bits to get....
Christmas shopping list
1) Kids - Tablet...
each/ between them? On the lookout for a good deal if anyone sees one. I think we've settled on the Lexibook between them for now.
2) Kids - Santa bath bombs (x
32) from Lush - Christmas Eve Hamper and 1 each for stockings. I managed to find a TMNT bath fizzer in Tesco for Christmas Eve.
5) hubby's presents ... whatever they end up being. one down, just need to find a gold chain to replace the one he's had for years that broke.
8) wrapping paper - I have some but need to get the ones for the kids.
9) Medicine stash
10) First Aid stash
11) New Christmas Towels
12) Christmas crockery
13) foil trays and plastic tupperware for leftovers.