Wednesday 6 May 2015

Moving House: Changing your address

So much to do...... so little time.....
  ....... I've made mine into a word document with my supplier and the cancellation/ change of address method that I need to use.

But I thought I'd post a basic list here........ Have I missed anything??

Last time we moved I was so busy I didn't get round to changing any addresses.  Fortunately I subscribed to the Royal Mail redirection service (fees apply).  Unfortunately for me this was rubbish and I know of at least 15 items (I know of) that they delivered to our old property that I was managed to get back.


Over the next few weeks I'll be checking all my post against the list to see all those randoms I get that I haven't thought about.

Utilities that need the supplier changing or transferring

home insurance
TV License
sky
water
Gas and Electric
council tax

drs
dentist
school

Bills and other such useful things that need the address changing

Credit Cards
Current accounts
Loan
student loan
Union
Mobile Phone
NS&I
HMRC

Store Cards

Nectar
Tesco
Railcard
Bite
Lego
Boots


Other

consumer pulse
shop n scan
ebay
paypal
work
Tesco
Amazon
Personal contacts

Although American this website provides some helpful advice and sample letters for you to use when writing out your change of address.


(first published November 2013, amended and re-posted April 2015).

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! I think you have thought of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii your blog is looking good.Thanks for sharing this information and keep posting.

    KSK Packers And Movers In Bangalore make easy packing, transportation, delivery or storage requirements.

    We have our own transportation truck by which we help the customers for shifting. Packers And Movers Bangalore provides every type of shifting whether local or national.


    KSK Packers And Movers In Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writters content is Awesome to read and understand, I loved It !
    So If,
    You Are
    Looking? for Best & CHEAP MOVERS IN HAMILTON , Waikato. Answer! Nzlocal Movers. Visit us today. Click Above!

    ReplyDelete