Thursday 21 May 2015

Tesco Orchard Review: Ice Cream - Pigs in Mud

For years I scoffed at Ben and Jerry's - seriously who pays that sort of money for ice cream I thought (can you tell I am a budgeting queen?) ....... then I tried some and my heart screamed out for more.

I don't eat a lot of ice cream and therefore when I do I treat myself to some 'posh' ice cream, unfortunately for me the kids also like it so I need to **shudders** share.   You can therefore imagine I was pretty chuffed when Tesco asked if I would like to try their ice cream range... and when I found they now did their own Limited Edition 'posh' ice cream "Pigs in Mud" why I bought us a tub.




What Tesco say: "Chocolate and marshmallow flavour ice creams swirled with marshmallow sauce, chocolate flavour pig shaped pieces and mini marshmallows"... doesn't that make your mouth water?


Having kept the kids away from it until I was in an ice cream mood I waited until they had gone to sleep before putting on the TV, my onesie and taking myself off to bed with the tub and a spoon to drift into a creamy heaven..............and then the dream ended.

I didn't enjoy it at all, a mix of flavourless brown ice cream swirled into tasteless white ice cream (calling them chocolate and marshmallow would be insulting).


The chocolate pigs, although cute, have a very cheap taste to them (think advent calender chocolate), however they did have a redeeming feature in that they melted in the mouth and didn't turn to ice rocks as happens with Ben and Jerry's.

The marshmallows, well they felt like eating polystyrene.

Apparently there is a swirl of marshmallow sauce in it but I couldn't see it, perhaps it blended in with the ice cream?

The ice cream is defiantly soft scoop though and was ready to eat really quickly, so that was another bonus.

Would I buy again? No. At £2 for 480ml I'll be saving my money for the 'posh ice cream' when it's on offer.

The kids will be really pleased to be allowed this for tea tomorrow... brownie points for mummy.


Disclaimer:  I was given money off vouchers enabling me to get the above product for free as part of the Orchard at Tesco Programme.  The thoughts and opinions remain my own.



3 comments:

  1. Ahh It sounds OK for the kids but I do like a bit of posh ice-cream....hehehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.Recycling Water Chillers Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOP Movers in Abu Dhabi Visit now https://www.wemovers.ae/blog/moving-companies-in-abu-dhabi?id=4

    ReplyDelete