Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Planning Week 16: Maintenance Week

It's sooo close we can almost touch it and, if you're like me, no matter how organised you feel you're not. Yes my Christmas shopping can be ticked off, My vodka is on order for delivery on the 22nd and the ibuprofen is ready for the 26th.

I've wrapped most of the presents (and bought far too much as usual) and the chocolate tub is only half full  .... but the housework... well that's taken a bit of a back seat.

This week is all about Maintanance ......... making sure the rooms are organized, tidy and ready and finishing all the little jobs.

There are now 11 days left until the big day to get things done in .... here's how mine will plan out.  I am going to print this off and stick it up/ write it in my diary so I can check on my progress/ outstanding things.

Of course I also have a blogging schedule to add to this.....


Sunday 14th

Sort out the kids room.
              Shelves/ cupboards - examine, toss/save/donate, replace onto shelves.         
               Games/ Puzzles - sort them out and bin any with missing pieces.         
               Get rid of old magazines, old McDonald toys, toys in pieces, broken crayons, non-functional pens.         
               Clothing - too small, old?         
               Clean the windows,  dust any wooden furniture.         
              
Plan Christmas meals and make sure I have everything/ on the food delivery order.
Complete Christmas card list - and write them... and the ones from the kids.
Get hubby to check smoke detectors

Monday 15th - work :(

Ben school Christmas party
Make place cards

Tuesday 16h - work :(
Wednesday 17th - work :(

Thursday 18th - Day off (YAY), Noah's Christmas play at school.

Sort out kitchen.
             Clean and tidy the wall units, then the bottom cabinets then the counters.         
              Check any open boxes of food/ storage for bugs        
              Wipe down empty shelves        
              Check medicines for expiry dates  - If r'qd add Medicine or First Aid to Tesco delivery.
              Clean all appliances inside and out (refrigerator, microwave, toaster, hob, oven)                                 Sink - don't forget to send cleaner down the u-bend.
Address and post Christmas Cards.
Post his families parcel.   he was too hungover to do this so why should I bother, it can wait until the new year.

Friday 19th

Sort out dining room
            Clean the window and windowsill 
            Empty all drawers, shelving etc.   Put back - or put in other places if they don't belong there. 
            Declutter! (bin? charity? some where else? storage?) 
            Remove all furniture, and clean the floors and baseboards. 
            Dust/ clean furniture     
Sort out front room.
Tidy garden
Noah school Christmas party

Saturday 20th

Make sure all rooms clean and tidy as mum coming around tea time.
Make sure rucksacks and clothes are ready for an early start tomorrow:  find I-spy books, sweets, charge 3DS.

Sunday 21st - Go to see Santa in London

Early start, late return.  No time for anything but Christmassy fun.

Monday 22nd - work :(

Tesco Delivery.

Tuesday 23rd - work :(  

YAY hubby can pick up my gorgeous photo's from In The Picture.

Mad dash to Iceland/ Morrisons at Lunch time/ on my way home for anything the Tesco man didn't bring (please don't forget the chicken, please don't forget the chicken).

Compile the Christmas Eve hamper/ box with the bits already purchased.

Wednesday 24th - work :(

Mad dash to Iceland/ Morrisons at Lunch time/ on my way home for anything I've forgotten.

Thursday 25th - CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!
Cook, open presents and open  the Vodka .... hopefully not all before 9am.

It's checklist time................lets see what's on it and assign them to specific days....

To-Do list update.
 
1) complete Christmas card list - yes I know, so easy but I've still not done it.  Added to Sunday 14th to-do list
2) sort out the living room - must shift/ sort out the Lego .... I started ... well ok I did 2 small models  Lego is now upstairs and the room is getting there.  I must remove all the paper bits that get dumped around and prepare to switch the books over to winter themed.  As sorted as it's going to get!!  Double check on Friday19th
3) make up the Christmas cards .... do I need any more? Added to Sunday 14th to-do list
4) decide on/ start the kids Christmas cards - started :) ordered
5) get a couple of box of chocs and some snacks in ready.  - now have 2 tubs and a few bags.  Moving to 'shopping list'
6) start meal planning and plan Christmas Day meal - start a list of food to buy and when to buy it.  Added to Sunday 14th to-do list
7) sort out the Christmas crockery/ table covers etc - started - now in shopping list,
8) Toys in the Argos sale.Unfortunately most of Argos stuff my boys like is now home delivery only and they let us down this way a couple of years ago not delivering a Christmas present then telling me lies and making it a horrible experience.
9) tidy/ sort my room - started done (for now)
10) take a look at last years wooden advent calendar. I'd like to do 'something' to it but at the moment I don't know what.  Perhaps I'll do 'it' over the Christmas season ready for next year.
11) Medicines Moving to 'shopping list' 
12) First Aid Moving to 'shopping list'
13) Get new Christmas Towels Moving to 'shopping list'
14) get rid of old toys/ books.   Now under number 18
15) Start planning the Christmas gifts for boys. - started all planned and most bought.
16) Look at what clothes are in Ben's 'bigger' box and what they are outgrowing.   Now under number 18
17) check smoke detectors - hubby's job as I can't reach them easily.  Safe to say they don't work, hubby needs to fix them!!  Added to Sunday 14th to-do list
18) Kids room tidy  (from week 6)   Added to Sunday 14th to-do list
19) Kitchen    Added to Thursday 18th to-do list
20) make place cards   Added to Monday 15th to-do list
21) dining room  Added to Friday 19th to-do list
            
We are pretty prepared for Christmas present wise now... just a few bits to get....   

Christmas shopping list

1) Kids - Tablet...each/ between them?  On the lookout for a good deal if anyone sees one.    I think we've settled on the Lexibook.between them for now. Done.
2) Kids - Santa bath bombs (x32) from Lush - Christmas Eve Hamper and 1 each for stockings. I managed to find a TMNT bath fizzer in Tesco for Christmas Eve.
3) 2 x Olaf T-shirts (I've given up on Primark getting them in a suitable size so now looking elsewhere).  Found in Primark - £5 each with long sleeves.
4) some more jelly sweets bought a tub of swizzles.
5) hubby's presents ... whatever they end up being.  one down, just need to find a gold chain to replace the one he's had for years that broke.  Scrap the chain - will get one if I see one.... really struggling at the moment.
6) A waffle maker (on Grandad's behalf for the kids).  done.
7) Lush - build your own snowman, for my niece(soo cool).  found a hottie I bought earlier in year I forgot about..
8) wrapping paper - I have some but need to get the ones for the kidsdone
9) Medicine stash  Added to Thursday 18th to-do list
10) First Aid stash  Added to Thursday 18th to-do list
11) New Christmas Towels.  We've loads of towels so going to leave this for this year and look after Christmas in the sales for next year.
12) Christmas crockery started  done and love it.  Just 4 mugs to pick up tomorrow or Wednesday.
13) foil trays and plastic tupperware for leftovers.
14) Christmas Eve hamper/ box  Added to Tuesday 23rd to-do list

4 comments:

  1. A great post - I've been trying to keep on top of the housework and clear out some of the kids' toys that are no longer used too. Well done on getting all your shopping done, and our chocolate tin isn't exactly full either! #ChristmasCountdown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm ever going to get to the bottom of the kids toys. I'm a book addict and can't bring myself to part with any. There are some proper classics I will be storing for grandkids :)

      I topped up the chocolates so all is well again.

      Delete
  2. Wow, super organised. I'm off to see if Tesco have any christmas delivery slots left!! thanks for the tip off! have a lovely christmas #xmascountdown xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you got one. I just logged in to add some bits to find 4 of the things I ordered "no longer available". Think I may go to Morrisons tomorrow to see what I can get to store so I'm not too reliant on it.

      Delete