Sunday 14 December 2014

In The Picture

I was one of those mums, those who think I know best and that I can take great photo's of my boys.  But you know what the older they get the harder it is... I always end up with the back of a head or a silly face.  I love the natural look, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you want a really great photo for the grandparents and the wall.

I've had various professional photo's taken in the last 6 years and to be honest have been really disappointed in a lot of them.  The only ones that have ever made me go 'wow' are the ones from In The Picture, I'd not go any where else and recommend them to anyone who asks for suggestions .... but I'm rushing ahead.... let me fill you in....

It was a few years ago now, 2009 that I was first approached by In The Picture and offered a really fantastic offer that, as they say, I just couldn't refuse.  A 12x8 colour portrait for just 99p.  Well with Ben at only 7 months old how could I refuse this.

I headed to the studios on York Street, Sheffield and a week or so later collected this amazing picture of my little boy.





Fast forward a few years and I got a phone call from the studio out of the blue offering me the same fantastic deal.  By then I had a new 'baby' (ok he was 2 years old) so the idea of having an up to date picture was one I couldn't miss.

The photographers took a few shots and let me choose the one I wanted.  Now I loved the greyscale ones so much better then the colour ones this time round.  mainly because silly me had decided to put.them in white shirts (the backdrop was white) so they tended to blend in with the colour ones.  Unfortunately the greyscale were not available on the offer, but I was still offered a really great price, with no pressure, on a set of prints (different sizes) which I took up.  I only have 1 photo on my wall in the front room - and this is it.




This Thursday In The Picture phoned and offered me another shoot (yay) with the promise my prints would be back in time for Christmas (even better).
   The boys were in super photogenic mood this time and I was presented with 10 amazing shots... which I eventually narrowed down to 4 ..... and then 2.
   Again I could have had just the 1 print for 99p with no pressure to buy any more but I really couldn't decide between the 2... one was sensible and brought out Ben's personality and other brought Noah out though his huge cheeky grin.  I really wanted a full set again for the family (as I don't buy the photo's they have taken at school) and I was offered a really great deal..... so I ordered 2 full sets of prints... a week later they were ready,,,,,

   


In The Picture offer appointments during the week and at weekends and will work with you to produce what you want.  Do you want a portrait of just the kids?  Of the whole family?  one set?  two sets?  four sets?   Planning your big day?  They offer Wedding packages too.

If you decide to upgrade your picture to a full set this is what you can expect to receive  - 1 12x8", 1 7x5", 2 5x3.5" and 2 wallet sized pics.  Please note that a set does have to be the same pose this is for illustration only.


The best way to keep an eye on their offers and events is to follow Carrie or Laura's facebook pages....or the website.   I'll also keep you up to date as and when I find out more.

They have some great events coming up during December (see below) and are working on the New Year promotions as we speak.....

January Offer -





You need to book through Laura or Carrie at In The Picture but please let them know I posted you in their direction and please share with your friends.




Past Events:

Today - December 14th - is a Frozen Themed Photoshoot Day.   For £25 your little princess can dress up as Elsa or Anna and have her photo taken in a magical winter wonderland.  The price includes 5 7x5 prints, frozen activities, nail varnish and a small gift.   These have filled up really fast and more days are being added to keep up with demand.


Thursday 18th December is Winter Wonderland Day.  This again offers 5 7x5 prints for £25 with photos against a snowy backdrop.


In The Picture have 2 offices...

Rotherham Studio. 19 Moorgate Street, S60 2DA
01709 836836

Sheffield Studio.  29 York Street, S1 2ER
0114 272 2229


If you could let them know I sent you that would be fantastic.

Disclaimer:  I got a reduced price for my prints yesterday in return for some social media advertising.  As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment