Friday 30 August 2013

Easy Banana Cake Recipe

mmm made this today with my little ones and it really was soooo easy.....

I've annotated below where I made changes.......


Ingredients

Serves : 10

125g butter
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g self raising flour
60ml milk

Directions

Prep: 10min
Cook: 35min
Ready in: 45min

Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.

Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat. I blitzed the bitter in the microwave then added it to the sugar and vanilla in the mixing bowl

Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.

Add the egg, mix well.

Stir in the flour

Add the milk.

Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.  Be careful how much demerara sugar you sprinkle on tho because mine burnt really quickly.
Personally the muffins I made with some of the mixture that I didn't put the sugar on tasted just as nice.


Bake at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3) for 35 mins, until a skewer comes out clean.

Leave to cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment