Thursday 13 March 2014

Review: "The Week" Magazine

I was a little wary when I saw a request for people to review "The Week" magazine.  I'm not a big follower
of the news, I rarely watch it on TV and I cannot remember the last time I picked up a newspaper.  I follow BBC/ ITV/ SKY news channels on social media and figure if I miss a headline on them someone else will tweet it or facebook it and I'll look at it on the relevant website.

The Week is different,  it is a round up of the previous weeks important, and not as important news stories giving you everything in bite sized chunks.  for £3.10 a week, which - lets face it, is cheaper then buying a newspaper every day and in a handy A4 sized format makes it a lot easier to read on public transport then a large tabloid/ broadsheet newspaper.

For those who prefer their Kindle to a paper product The Week is also available online and electronically, you can also receive daily briefing updates.



You can be safe in the knowledge you wont be bamboozled by in depth discussions and drowning in political advances when the cover page features the top story/ies in cartoon format.  Its colour and humour remains throughout.

Included news topics include;

  • the main weekly stories
  • politics
  • Europe at a glance
  • The World at a glance
  • Health and Science
  • Wit & Wisdom
  • Sport
  • Arts
  • Drama
  • Film
  • Art
  • Best Books, tv and film roundup
  • City - companies in the news
  • Shares
  • People -  which includes "castaway of the week" (this weeks Edition of Radio 4's Desert Island Disks) and 'farewell' (famous people who have died this week).



    and of course the usual features;
    • letters (previously published in newspapers)
    • puzzles
    • and dodgy cartoon.
    • property pages (if you have a few thousand to spend)
    • Food and Drink - restaurants and recipe of the week
    • travel suggestions
    • Leisure - consumer pages, product recommendation and 'tips of the week'.
    • Weather
    • and  .......... adverts.

    But don't take my word for it..... why not click the picture below where you will be able to claim your own FREE copy of The Week magazine to read.


    http://www.theweek.co.uk

    Disclaimer: I was sent 2 free copies of The Week to help with this review, the views and opinions remain my own.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment